Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday.....


I refuse to do a post before I wish my older daughter happy belated birthday!!!
This precious girl made me a Mama....and Sammy an An-tie!!

The BLessing of motherhood arrived for me 10 years ago...thanks be to God for our first-born! And thank God Buford T. is considerate and did NOT eat a double cheeseburger in front of his laboring wife who feasted on ice chips.....

Baby girl weighed in at a healthy 8lbs 3oz...and was a textbook delivery.....
She was in no rush to get here (always content with her surroundings!) and arrived precisely 1 week to the day after her due date.

We celebrated her 10th with a birthday tea party last Sunday.....
TWENTY TWEENS joined us to celebrate!!!!

I have my own favorite birthday memories, including:
all-night slumber parties in our recreation room...
seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark on the big screen....
and of course, my 8th birthday when Aunt Paula gave me the Shawn Cassidy 33 and a yellow plastic turntable....also loved the Donna Summer 33 "Last Dance"
thanks to my Mom for plannig and executing these parties and for my Dad who paid for them!!!

2 comments:

  1. You outdid yourself on the tea party! You should post pictures of your beautiful decorations! Loved being a server and celebrating with my Emma Reed! Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are kind! Have some cute pics of Maggie....gotta figure out how to do an album like Sammy did. Pics should be up within the year-sad! Have a FAB time with your man--relax & enjoy!! Love y'all....

    ReplyDelete